Member Workshop Application
The Florida Storytelling Association is seeking quality workshops lead by FSA members for storytellers and those who use storytelling in their line of work, such as educators, librarians, healthcare workers, community organizers. All story related topics will be considered.
Members have noted that they are looking for sessions on:
- Creating Stories: story construction, adapting folktales, shaping historical or family stories, personal narrative, etc.
- Performance: physical and vocal delivery, emcee skills, mic use, etc.;
- Business: marketing, contracts, negotiation skills, bookkeeping, etc.;
- Education: applied storytelling, government standards & STEM tie-ins, etc.;
- Technology: podcasting, website creation, eblast methods, etc.
During the festival, there are 5 workshop times:
- Thursday, pre-festival full-day intensive workshop (9am – 4pm)
- Friday & Saturday, morning & afternoon (90 minute)
- View sample schedule online.
Workshops are offered in a range of storytelling and story-related topics for beginners to advanced storytellers and/or non-storyteller participants:
- Presenter will receive a $100 honorarium for a 90-minute workshop.
- Compensation is limited to this amount, regardless of the number of presenters of the workshop.
- Pre-Conference Intensive Workshop honorarium will depend on number of participants.
Deadline for proposals: August 15, 2021
- You may submit more than one proposal.
- Proposal applicants must be current FSA members. (Join or renew online.)